Here are the rules for the upcoming Spec Miata League:
Car Rules (All REQUIRED, NO other modifications permitted)
- 1st gen Mazda Miata
Any wheels with weight reduction of 21 lbs or LESS
Forza Front Bumper
Forza Rear Wing
- Car Numbers:
Car number must be displayed on the front and rear bumpers, as well as on both sides. Side numbers must be displayed with VAFC SM number box (available in the market.)
There will be strict limits of 150hp and 2,000lbs weight.
- Races will begin Wednesday nights at 7pm sharp.
- Grid order will be random in the first race; the second race grid will be inverted from the first race’s finishing order (last place finisher starts on the pole.)
- The only assist permitted is ABS. No traction control, stability control or racing line will be allowed.
- Passing: The passing driver is responsible for making a clean pass. Drivers should communicate with each other to ensure clean passing and to prevent wrecks. Make an effort to let another racer know where you are when passing/racing next to them.
- Cutting Corners: Intentionally cutting corners is not permitted. All drivers should attempt to keep at least two wheels on track at all times.
Points scored by position:
- 25 points
- 21 points
- 18 points
- 15 points
- 13 points
- 11 points
- 10 points
- 9 points
- 8 points
- 7 points
- 6 points
- 5 points
- 4 points
- 3 points
- 2 points
- 1 point
There will be a 1 point bonus for recording the fastest race lap.